DAS Spotlight for June 2008: Emma
First Pic: Emma (middle left in black shirt) Hanging out at the
DAS Dover Meeting in November 2007.
Second Pic: Tug of War Winners(and losers) at
the DAS 3rd Annual Cosplay Picnic in June 2008.
Emma is in the back row,
second from right
- Name: Emma G.
- DAS Position/Role: Member/Transport Tech (I give people rides :D)
- Location: Dover area, DE
- What are your favorite animes, music, and Asian
Hellsing (OVA, manga), FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, Emma, Cowboy Bebob, the list goes on
- Hobbies outside of anime?
Huge fan of internet culture, computer geek, 'soft core' gamer
- What do you like best about the DAS?
- What do you think the future holds for the DAS?
Bigger and better!
- Do you cosplay? If so, what are your favorite
I'm really excited about my first cosplay ever this year at Otakon 2008. I'm going as Rip Van Winkle from Hellsing.
- Conventions attended and/or staffed?
Otakon this summer will be my first convention, I can't wait!
- Have you ever named a pet/computer/insert word here
after an anime or Asian character? If so, which and why?
There's a huge list. My desktop, laptop and Ipod are Caspar, Melchior and Balthazar after the three supercomputers in Evangelion. I have a pet clock like the one Rip Van Winkle carries in Hellsing (I call him Hijinks). My miscellaneous stuffed animals have names that are anime references.
- What theme or institution in anime should be
decreased or increased and why?
The frequency of vampires should be increased, but the frequency of emo vampire should be decreased :D