DAS Spotlight for December 2006: CasKiske
First:(left) Hanging out w/ the DAS C.E.O at Otakon 2006 (CasKiske is on the right,
Baiken from Guilty Gear)
Second: (right) Out to eat with some of the DAS Wilmington Chapter members after
the 11/19/06 Wii-tastic Meeting (Cas is in black w/blonde hair and on left side of the pic)
- Name: Cassandra a.k.a. CasandraKiske, RaikouAmaKoneko, CasKiske, TekkenKat, Kittin, and a bunch of other crazy nicknames and online tags.
- DAS Position/Role: Member,but I'm an officer/alumni for two other clubs too.
- Location:Townsend, Delaware
- What are your favorite animes, music, and Asian cinema?
Haha, I love a whole bunch.
Anime:Inuyasha, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Vandread, Tactics, Trinity Blood, Hellsing Ultimate, Fullmetal Alchemist and a bunch more that I just can't remember off of the top of my head. These are titles that I'm either just getting into and love or I'm currently on a love trip for.
Music:Evanescence, Gackt and Mana (Moi Dix Moi) are my musical loves. I'm also into Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, Christina Aguileria, Vanessa Carlton, Saving Jane, Lacuna Coil, The Cruxshadows, X Japan, Miyavi, Utada Hikaru, Dir En Grey, Orange Range, Larc 'En Ciel, MUCC, Nana Kitade and AFI (All are in no particular order, because I'm looking off a few of my playlists. xD )
Princess Mononoke, Laputa: Castle in the Sky and House of Flying Daggers (WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE? *Cries*). Memoirs of a Geisha is an American production, but I think it could count here.
And for the fun of it, here's my current manga list: Samurai Deeper Kyo, Princess Ai, Hellsing, Naruto, Ragnarok
- Hobbies outside of anime? I love to sing, draw (the pics of the 11/19/06 DAS Wilmington meeting show me with my drawing clipboard), paint, sew, write and do tons of artistic stuff. Video gaming is both one of my hobbies and one of my biggest passions. Using my computer is another one I suppose. I'm constantly on my computer surfing the net, posting on forums, and even working in Adobe Photoshop making artwork and even GaiaOnline avatar edits. .
- What do you like best about the DAS? The general atmosphere is something that I can roll with. When I came to my first DAS meeting/event, the 2006 Halloween minicon, it was a bit nerve wracking, but it wasn't too hard to strike up a conversation with people. Even after the minicon ended, there was a small group standing outside of Superior Comics for an extra 2 hours just talking.
(Editors Note: See Pic)
- What do you think the future holds for the DAS? Very good things. I can't wait for the 2006 Christmas Minicon. ; )
- Do you cosplay? If so, what are your favorite costume(s) *Laughing out loud* Yes, I do cosplay....or at least I try to. I made my first costume for Otakon 2006, but never actually completed it. I cosplayed as Baiken from Guilty Gear, and despite how horrible it looks, I still love it. I have plans in store for a brand new Baiken costume as well as costumes for Sir Integra (Hellsing), Yuya (Samurai Deeper Kyo), Princess Ai (Princess Ai), Dita (Vandread) and both Millia Rage and Bridget (Guilty Gear). I'm hoping to have Yuya and Baiken ready for Otakon 2007.
- Conventions attended and/or staffed?
Otakon 2006 attendee, Zenkaikon 2006 gopher
- Have you ever named a pet/computer/insert word here after an anime or Asian character? If so, which and why?
Yes I have. I have a cat that was named TJ (yes, just the initials). Then I decided to name her Taki after the Soul Calibur character because both are very agile. I have many more cats, but the only other ones with asian names are my three kittens - Princess Ai (Tiny), Sora (Buddy), and Namine (Bonnie Blue). My parents tend to call the kittens the names in parentheses, especially after I wouldn't relent in the "great naming war". The downside so far is that a vet and her assistant actually ridiculed me and poked fun at me for not giving them "more normal names", which lead into them poking fun at my intended college major. >.<
My sewing machine has a nickname too. I called it "Mana", because it reminds me of Mana in Malice Mizer's "Le Ciel" pv.
- What theme or institution in anime should be decreased or increased and why?
Increased: More cultural and physical diversity WITHOUT common negative steroptypes would be nice. Overweight girls can be sexy and active too, and it would be nice to see more nationalities represented in anime and manga.
Decreased: There should be less of a focus on all the "Look at me! I'm pretty much naked, which means I'm sexy, oh yah!". You can do other things to characters to make them more attractive to people OTHER than dressing them in skimpy clothing and focusing on big boobs with no concern for gravity. Seriously, if a bunch of these anime girls were placed in the real world, those boobs would not be so perky and attractive. xP