DAS Spotlight for February 2007: Stacey B
First:(left) Stacey as Komugi with her raffle prizes at
at the DAS 3rd Annual Halloween Minicon on 10/22/06
Second: Stacey with Caskiske at the King of Prussia Mall's Hello Kitty Store
during a break in their gopher duties at Zenkaikon 2006
- Name: Stacey
- DAS Position/Role: Member (though I'd love to do more some day)
- Location:Currently Smyrna, Delaware (moving this summer)
- What are your favorite animes, music, and Asian cinema?
Anime:Chobits, Nurse Witch Komuji, The Twelve Kingdoms, Full Metal Alchemist, Trinity Blood, Descendants of Darkness, and Blue Seed
Music:Pretty much everything
House of Flying Daggers, Vampire Hunters, Drunken Master....can't think of any other titles at the moment.
- Hobbies outside of anime? In the free time that I do get, I like to play video games, read alot (Harry Potter, Stephen King books, and mangas), and most of all, spend time with Nathan [my son]. Luckily for me, he likes anime and video games as much as I do.
- What do you like best about the DAS? Making such great friends that I have a lot in common with (besides just anime). I love the meetings and events that we go to. I can't wait until I have more free time to get involved more.
- What do you think the future holds for the DAS? More of the same great fun times I've come to know. .
- Do you cosplay? If so, what are your favorite costume(s) Yes. So far my only costume has been Komuji (Nurse Witch). I'm looking forward to a new costume for Otakon (just not sure who it'll be yet).
- Conventions attended and/or staffed?
I attended Otakon 2006, the Halloween mini-con, and the holiday event. I helped gofer Zenkaikon 2006 and look forward to helping out this year if needed.
- Have you ever named a pet/computer/insert word here after an anime or Asian character? If so, which and why?
Not yet, but I was planning on the name Rinoa for my child...but it's not very fitting for a boy. :)
- What theme or institution in anime should be decreased or increased and why?
I think there should be a decreased in all the stereotypes and an increase in strong female main characters.