DAS Spotlight for January 2008: Jenny
First Pic: Jenny (on left) with the DAS C.E.O. at the
D.A.S. 1st Annual Halloween Minicon (2004) in Harrington, DE.
Second Pic: Jenny on her way to see her favorite band, Thou Shalt Not
- Name: Jenny
- DAS Position/Role: Founding member/Former North Chapter Prez/Zenkaikon Cosplay Dept
- Location: Newark, DE
- What are your favorite animes, music, and Asian cinema?
Right now I'm enjoying reading Deathnote. I dont get to watch a ton of anything really but I do enjoy reading manga. I'm a fan of pretty much anything that CLAMP has done, Kare Kano, Kodocha, Aria, and similar titles. I also like domestic titles such as Shutterbox and Dramacon (which just ended *sob sob*). My favorite of the asian movies I've seen would either be 'Hang the Red Lantern' or 'Battle Royale'.
- Hobbies outside of anime? I'm really into Industrial/Goth music and fashion. Most anytime I'm not at work (and sometimes when I am) I can be found in some pretty creative outfits because I also love to sew. I also adore reading good fantasy/horror books and going to the movies.
- What do you like best about the DAS? I think that it is really great for the younger fans. When I was in middle school and high school I didn't have half of the guidance in the fandom or friends of the same mindset that DAS is now able to provide.
- What do you think the future holds for the DAS? An anime fan army of doom!!! That apparently would duel using Uno cards from what I hear.
- Do you cosplay? If so, what are your favorite costume(s)
I LOVE cosplay. My favorite costumes that I've done to date are I-No of Guilty Gear and Lulu from FFX. I'm planning to do a Valentine (Also of Guilty Gear) for my next convention (whichever one that might be). I'm also always up for doing groups. So if you're interested in something let me know.
- Conventions attended and/or staffed?
Otakon 2000-2004, 2006-2007, Nekocon 2005, Kosaikon 2005, Zentrancon cosplay staff, Zenkaikon 2006-2007 cosplay staff
- Have you ever named a pet/computer/insert word here after an anime or Asian character? If so, which and why?
For pets... I've had Gendo and right now I have Freya and Elda (all pet rats), there is Kuro... my mostly black cat, and Sumomo was my old laptop but she got fried.
- What theme or institution in anime should be decreased or increased and why?
I think that I'm the only fangirl out there who doesn't like Yaoi. Shonen-ai is adorable but Yaoi is just a no.